Aegis 120 Caps
£39.66 Add to Cart
Gold Standard 100% Whey 10lb/Banana
£106.88 Add to Cart
Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein 4lb/Banana
£59.62 Add to Cart
£23.13 Add to Cart
Conquest 250 90 Caps
£17.62 Add to Cart
11 KT Spray 240ml
£66.10 Add to Cart
Whey 81+ 2250g/Chocolate
£36.35 Add to Cart
Animal Pak 44 Paks
£34.15 Add to Cart
Life Support 120 Caps
£28.64 Add to Cart
Glycobol works by its ability to mimic and boost insulin unlike other muscle gainers. Alone, insulin is a powerful growth peptide but it also plays a critical role in the action of androgens. Just like insulin, androgens are another fundamental class of endocrine hormones. Studies show that androgens fail to sustain a positive muscle nitrogen balance in the absence of insulin, stressing the critical role of insulin as a potential limiting factor to the anabolic capacity of androgens. Therefore, Glycobol could be combined with any of the commercially available androgens to optimize and exaggerate gains by it’s essential synergistic contribution. It offers the following:
Insulin also interacts synergistically with GH, IGF and thyroid hormones to compound growth effects even when these endocrine co-factors are only present at average physiological levels. Glycobol can be used to achieve substantial natural muscle gains and body recomposition as an effective stand-alone agent too. You asked for something Innovative, now you’ve got it!
Glycobol Ingredient Profiles
Sodium R-Lipoate (Na-r-ALA)
ALA is naturally produced in the body as a mitochondrial enzyme cofactor. It is important to aerobic metabolism. ALA has been shown to increase cellular uptake of glucose to cell membranes by recruiting the glucose transporter GLUT4. ALA improves skeletal muscle glucose transport, resulting in desirable blood glucose disposal and increased muscle glycogen concentrations. (1) Studies also indicate that in muscle, ALA is a potent anti-oxidant which protects cells from oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance. (2) The ALA used in this formula is chemically stabilized and of the highest quality. It’s the most active isomer and the highest potency salt commercially available. ALA is an invaluable addition that offers a multitude of benefits plus countless extras for any serious athlete.
The best way to describe this effect is that it almost adds a filter to the muscle fibers; Taking in what it needs to prepare for growth.
Trigonella Seed isolate (standardized to 10% 4-hydroxyisoleucine)
Fenugreek has been used for over thousands of years to improve health. It aids with diabetes and associated blood sugar problems and improves cholesterol scores. It also improves endurance and lowers blood lactate concentrations dramatically. Treatment with fenugreek seed can also dramatically decrease fat accumulation. These results suggest that this improvement in endurance and reduction in body fat is caused by an increase in the utilization of fatty acids as an energy source. Fenugreek supplements high in 4-HIL have also shown an increase in post-exercise glycogen resynthesis in athletes, which promotes rapid recovery and helps prevent training fatigue. The visible results of this glycogenic effect are big, pumped muscles that look extremely full and vascular.
The main benefit is this will help you use fatty acids as an energy source, rather than store them as Fat!
Phellodendron extract (standardized to 90% berberine)
Phellodendron is a highly valued traditional Chinese herb, used medicinally to treat a variety of health conditions. It is reported that some subjects show improved strength, lower blood pressure, and lower blood sugar in response to Phellodendron isolates. Laboratory studies suggest that one of these alkaloidal isolates called berberine may accomplish these benefits by enhancing insulin production. Bberberine can reduce total serum cholesterol, dangerous LDL-cholesterol, and unhealthy triglycerides, which can contribute greatly to increased athletic performance and general well-being. Improved health and increased physical performance translates into greater strength and muscle gains in the gym.
This results in increased performance that translates into greater strength and muscle gains.
Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids)
Cinnamon is a common spice used globally but it’s not commonly known that the spice has significant therapeutic value. Cinnamon contains the element chromium, which is needed for proper glucose metabolism and also compounds called flavonoids. Flavinoids are potent anti-oxidants which are known to help in the fight against cancer and heart disease. The specific flavonoids found in cinnamon bark are shown to stimulate glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis similar to insulin. These flavonoids may activate receptors by direct insulin mimicking action, or indirect insulin potentiation, or both. Studies also show that cinnamon improves lipid profiles for some subjects. If you train consistently and have a healthy diet, your big muscular improvements from this powerful little cinnamon extract might surprise you.
Insulin is anabolic, so the insulin boosting action of cinnamon extract will lead to greater, stronger muscles.
BMOV is an organic form of the mineral vanadium although, elemental vanadium and inorganic salts of vanadium show significant biological potential, it has a poor therapeutic index due to low gastrointestinal absorbance. BMOV is known to be safer, more absorbable, and able to deliver a therapeutic effect up to 50% greater than the inorganic forms. Vanadium is one of the rare micro-elements that can promote a profound boost in endurance and strongly support anabolism. BMOV can give muscles a harshness like you have never experienced before. The form of vanadium used in this formula is one of the very best you can find, if not the best.
*This will make your muscles harder and increases vascularity!
(1) The antihyperglycemic drug alpha-lipoic acid stimulates glucose uptake via both GLUT4 translocation and GLUT4 activation: potential role of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in GLUT4
activation.; Konrad D, Somwar R, Sweeney G, Yaworsky K, Hayashi M, Ramlal T, Klip A.; Diabetes. 2001 Jun;50(6):1464-71.
(2) Protection against oxidative stress-induced insulin resistance in rat L6 muscle cells by mircomolar concentrations of alpha-lipoic acid.; Maddux BA, See W, Lawrence JC Jr, Goldfine AL, Goldfine ID, Evans JL.; Diabetes. 2001 Feb;50(2):404-10.
(3) Effects of Fenugreek Seeds (Trigonella foenum greaecum) Extract on Endurance Capacity in Mice.; Mayumi Ikeuchi, et al; Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology; Vol. 52 (2006), No.4 pp.287-292.
(4) The addition of fenugreek extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum) to glucose feeding increases muscle glycogen resynthesis after exercise.; Ruby BC, Gaskill SE, Slivka D, Harger SG.; Amino Acids. 2005 Feb;28(1):71-6.
(5) Therapeutic effect of berberine on 60 patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus and experimental research; Ni Yanxia, et al.; Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine 1995; 1(2); 91-95.
(6) Berberine is a novel cholesterol-lowering drug working through a unique mechanism distinct from statins; Kong Weijia, et al.; Nature Medicine 2004; 10(12): 1344-1351.
(7) Isolation and characterization of polyphenol type-A polymers from cinnamon with insulin-like biological activity.; Anderson RA, Broadhurst CL, Polansky MM, Schmidt WF, Khan A, Flanagan VP, Schoene NW, Graves DJ.;
J Agric Food Chem. 2004 Jan 14;52(1):65-70.
(8) Cinnamon extract and polyphenols affect the expression of tristetraprolin, insulin receptor, and glucose transporter 4 in mouse 3T3-L1 adipocytes.; Cao H, Polansky MM, Anderson RA.; Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007 Mar 15;459(2):214-22. Epub 2007 Jan 25.
(9) Trace elements in nutrition.; Dreosti IE.; Med J Aust., 1980 August 9;2(3):117-23.